If you recently left a job, or been "fired," you may be entitled to unemployment benefits. If you have received an adverse decision pertaining to your eligibility for benefits from the Department of Unemployment Assistance that decision can be appealed. The time frame for appeal is small so you should contact an attorney quickly to ascertain whether you have grounds to appeal the decision. Likewise, your employer can appeal a favorable decision. If you've been denied benefits or received notice that your ex-employer is appealing your benefits you should seek legal advice. Cutting and Story specializes in this area of law. 

If you are a member of a protected class and have been fired based on your membership of that class you may have a claim for workplace discrimination. Cutting and Story has experience working with the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (“MCAD”). Once MCAD finds probable cause of discrimination the matter can be filed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Superior Court Department where it can then be litigated to the fullest.